Increasing your body’s fat burning ability may be easier than you think. There are tons of ways to improve your weight loss efforts. Read on for 16 tips on how to lose unwanted body fat.
1. Maintain your blood sugar levels. Maintaining balanced blood sugar levels not only helps keep you from grabbing for sugary foods, it also helps keep your energy levels stable so you still have energy for a workout at the end of the day.
2. Watch your calorie intake. Even if you only eat “healthy” foods, you must create a calorie deficit to burn fat, and lose weight.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Eating in the morning can increase your metabolic rate, the process by which your body burns fat. Skipping the most important meal of the day to save calories, may ultimately leave you eating more over the course of the day.
4. Eat a balanced diet, including carbohydrates. Don’t follow fad diets. Eat a balanced combination of carbohydrates, protein and raw foods. Carbohydrates are not the enemy, and slow-burning carbs can actually help you feel fuller, longer.
5. Lift weights. Bodyies that have higher muscle mass burn more calories at a resting rate than body’s with a higher fat content. Period.
6. Increase your water intake. Water is an essential nutrient, can help you feel full and is important to the elimination of toxins in every cell in your body. Drink up!
7. Get disciplined. Find a mentor to teach you good dietary and fitness habits. Never underestimate the support and guidance of someone experienced.
8. Eat low-fat dairy. It’s easy to cut tons of fat, and calories from your diet by opting for low-fat dairy products. Why? 70 percent of the calories in most whole-fat dairy is from saturated fat.
9. Eat fat-burning foods. Green tea, coconut oil and other fat-burning foods can help shrink fat cells, and reduce fat storage.
10. Get real. Being honest with yourself about what your dietary needs are, and what your fitness abilities are is essential to long term weight loss success.
11. Try a new workout. Everyone from fitness novice to fitness pro hits a plateau. Keep your body guessing by trying new workouts, to keep losing fat.
12. Remove foods that aren’t “real food.” Anything processed or artificial isn’t a real food. By allowing these toxins into your body, you put your elimination organs into overdrive. Cut those out and eat clean, whole foods.
13. Satisfy hunger. Ignoring cravings can leave you helpless in the face of tempting foods. Beat these hunger pangs, and your cravings by munching on crunchy veggies in between meals, or before you eat to reduce your calorie intake.
14. Ingest enzymes. Enzymes found in fruits, like kiwi and pineapple, offer support for a healthy digestive system. Healthy digestion means proper elimination of toxins, and an overall lighter feeling. 15. Limit your sodium intake. Salt can cause your body to retain water. As water is retained, waste is also retained. Eliminate salt, or at least reduce your intake to slim down.
16. Remove fried foods from the menu. Not only do fried foods pack on the pounds, they also cause gas. Eliminate these foods to eliminate enormous amounts of fat. In the mood for something salty?