It’s summertime! There’s no better way to cool down on a hot summer day than with a refreshing fruit smoothie.
Smoothies can be very hydrating. They pack important vitamins and minerals that are essential for keeping your skin and hair glowing. This is especially important if you’re spending a lot of time under the sun or in chlorine-filled pools. Go ahead and indulge in a sweet, creamy treat! There’s no guilt involved with these 15 clean and delicious summer smoothies.
1. Piña Colada Smoothie
Low in sodium and no cholesterol, this smoothie is a fantastic source of vitamin C. Refreshing and tropical, this smoothie is sure to put a spring in your step.
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- Enough ice to make it slushy
Add all ingredients to a blender, blend well, and serve.
2. Creamy Green Smoothie with a Hint of Mint
If you are a green smoothie hold out, this is the recipe that will have you hooked. Our Creamy Green Smoothie tastes more like a dessert but with all the health benefits you might think. This recipe is made with whole foods and as always, is 100% clean! If you’re not a fan of buttermilk, don’t worry, it’s what makes this smoothie rich & creamy but without the buttermilk taste.
Yields: 3 | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 163 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Sodium: mg | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 3 large Romaine Heart Leaves
- 14 (1″ cubes) honeydew melon
- 1/2 ripe avocado, seeded and peeling removed
- 1 frozen ripe banana, slice before freezing
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 fresh mint leaves + more for garnish
- 8 – 10 ice wedges
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If desired, add 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
3. Bahama Splash
Imagine the beauty & serenity of the Bahamas as the waves splash on the shore while you sit sipping your smoothie, taking in the breath taking sunset. Exotic drinks and foods can often make you feel as if you’re on an island far, far away…not a care in the world. This exotic smoothie is meant to take you to the islands to experience that same feeling of serenity.
Serving Size: 1/2 of the entire recipe | Calories: 209 | Total Fat: 1 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 45 mg | Carbohydrates: 45 gm | Dietary Fiber: 5 gm | Sugars: 35 gm | Protein: 8 gm | SmartPoints: 10 |
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 whole orange, peeled
- 1 medium mango
- 1 banana, pre-sliced & frozen
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2- 1 cup chilled green tea, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 – 1 cup crushed ice
Toss all the above ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Now, close your eyes and imagine your sitting on the Bahama Shores and sipping this yummy smoothie….savor the moment!!!
4. Skinny Banana Split Protein Smoothie
It’s no secret that smoothies are one of our favorite ways to start the day. First of all, they’re easy. Combine your favorite fruits in a blender, add your choice of nut milk along with some Greek yogurt, and add flavoring components and nutritional additions such as honey or whey protein, and you’ve got a breakfast in a glass that beats out most breakfast dishes from a nutritional standpoint, and a taste perspective as well!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 glass | Calories: 217 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 150 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 19 g | Protein: 17 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (can be replaced with other kinds of low-fat milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and rinsed
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 scoops protein powder (clean protein powder)
Put all the ingredients, except ice in a blender then pulse until smooth.
Add the ice then pulse again until smooth. Serve immediately.
5. Skinny Banana Split Protein Smoothie
Pomegranate Banana Ginger Blast is a trio that makes for one yummy smoothie! Have for it breakfast and enjoy an energy boost that lasts all morning.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups | Calories: 195 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Sodium: 89 mg | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars:28 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 frozen banana, pre-slice before freezing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat-free
- Ginger Root, 1/4″ of a knuckle (knuckle = length of finger joint)
- 1 cup pure pomegranate juice, no added sugar
- 4-5 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients until smooth.