Easy Eggs in a Cup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, pressed and left to sit for 10 minutes
- 4 cups tightly packed baby spinach
- Sea salt
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes and sauté until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and a pinch of salt; cook until spinach is wilted and tender, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and stir in nutmeg.
2. Lightly grease 4 small ramekins. For each ramekin, spoon in one-fourth of spinach mixture, then sprinkle on 1 Tbsp. cheese. Gently crack 1 egg on top of cheese, then sprinkle with black pepper and a pinch of salt.
3. Bake until very little liquid remains, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes, then run a knife around inside edge of each ramekin to loosen egg. With knife or a spatula, carefully transfer to 4 plates and serve.